This report provides an analysis of current problems and design recommendations for three selected sites in Tianjin, China, on issues of land use, density, non-motorized transport (NMT) and parking standards. ITDP carried out site investigation and data collection during June 18-22, participated in a World Bank workshop during June 23-27, and improved and combined the presentation files afterward.
The design for this project aims to create:
- High-quality non-motorized traffic (NMT) network: multi-level pedestrian connection, and safe, convenient cycling facilities, and traffic calming.
- Dense NMT network: create small blocks, and enhance their permeability.
- Active streets: create continuous shopfront.
- High-quality public space filled with acitivities.
- Safe crossings: improve intersections.
- Bike parking and bike sharing.
- Mixed-use development: compatible and integrated with
- Limited parking provision, shift mode share.