The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Africa, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States. ITDP’s programs focus on public transit, cycling and walking, parking, shared mobility, and urban development. More information about ITDP can be found at www.itdp.org.
ITDP’s Global Program is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator to help make the world’s cities cleaner, safer, and more equitable places through sustainable transport and urban development by coordinating the work of leading advocates and experts around the world. The Program Coordinator will work closely on signature ITDP initiatives, such as our Cycling Cities campaign and our global capacity building program.
The Program Coordinator will report to ITDP’s Chief Knowledge Officer and will work closely with the Senior Manager of Capacity Building and the Manager of the Cycling Cities campaign. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the administrative, project management, and programmatic work of ITDP’s Global team, which aims to synthesize and coordinate the work of ITDP’s many regional offices towards larger global change.
The work includes coordination of internal and external reporting metrics tracking for events and knowledge products; and assisting with budget and expense tracking. This position will support planning events (both virtual and physical) for Global including communications support, speaker coordination, and technical support. For Mobilize and Cycling Cities, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for conducting outreach to partner cities and organizations; maintaining listservs and correspondence with partners, speakers and participants; and supporting capacity building and knowledge exchange events.
This role is based in our New York City office in a hybrid work model. The hybrid model is a combination of in office work and telework from home. Telework may be performed in the state of New York or New Jersey only.
Outreach and Communications (45%)
- Maintain effective and timely communication with capacity building and campaign partners including government/agency decision makers and practitioners, NGO representatives, and private sector partners.
- Support organizing in-person events (workshops, study tours) and online events (including webinars) and provide logistical backstop including the technological components of virtual programs.
- Coordinate speakers, moderators, trainers, etc. for both virtual and in-person events, including outreach and invitations, honorariums, bio and other event information collection, and related coordination with handlers or assistants.
- Draft communication materials for external events, campaign outreach, and the MOBILIZE program.
- Facilitate event follow-up as needed including ensuring online events are uploaded to ITDP’s YouTube channel.
- Support promotional activities, including working with the Communications team to ensure all event communications are broadcasted across ITDP’s network, website, and social media channels, as well as emailing partners and organizations media kits regarding events.
- Maintain listservs for each program.
Program Administration and Coordination (45%)
- Provide administrative and project management support and coordination for the various Global programs, including research and impact, capacity building, and campaigns.
- Support financial tracking for grants, program budgets, contracts, etc. to ensure timely approval, processing, and payment.
- Develop summary materials and presentations in support of ITDP’s programmatic work as needed.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, including coordination, note taking, and assigning tasks when applicable and address any follow-up items.
- Coordinate internal and external reporting for the development, finance, and communications teams, including weekly, monthly, trimester, and funder reports.
- Track metrics from program activities and events for OKRs and reports.
- Develop tools, such as surveys, to improve capacity building and campaign activities.
- Set-up and manage annual timesheet tracker used by global program staff.
Other responsibilities: (10%)
- Special projects as needed.
- Researching applications and processes to help our work, such as Slack or CRMs, and helping to institute this for ITDP.
- Setting up organizational systems or mechanisms within the global program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in program coordination.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure high-quality outputs.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks to meet critical deadlines.
- Professional communication style with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills directed at a variety of audiences, including a good ability to edit and proofread.
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels across the organization, as well as with external consultants and partners.
- Enthusiastic and adaptable team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong Microsoft Office, Google Suite, online research, and database management skills.
- Ability to work in our New York City office and perform telework from home in the state of New York or New Jersey only; relocation assistance is not available.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Interest in sustainable transportation, urban planning, or related areas.
- Familiarity with Adobe suite; Mailchimp or similar; Intacct or similar; Google analytics.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating events or campaigns, especially global in scope, or managing multiple complex projects.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, or Portuguese a plus.
ITDP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption or an exemption required under state/local law is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.