Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP) i s a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, registered with the IRS and is organized under the laws of the District of Columbia. (EIN/Tax ID: 52-1399520) All donations to ITDP are tax deductible to the extent that no goods or services were provided in connection with the donation. We reserve the right to use your donation for our general purposes.
Financial and other information about Institute for Transportation & Development Policy can be obtained by contacting ITDP at 9 E.19 th St., 7th Floor New York, NY 10003 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or for residents of the following state, as stated below.
A charitable organization or sponsor soliciting in this state must include all of the following disclosures at the point of solicitation:
- The name of the charitable organization or sponsor and state of the principal place of business of the charitable organization or sponsor;
- A description of the purpose or purposes for which the solicitation is being made;
- Upon request, the name and either the address or telephone number of a representative to whom inquiries could be addressed;
- A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA OR ONLINE AT www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com, REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Engages in any public solicitation and therein purports to relate the purpose or purposes for which the funds are solicited, such shall then be fully and accurately identified to the prospective donor. Contracts and reports regarding The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy are on file with the Illinois Attorney General.
A “Disclosure statement” means a written statement that includes the following information.The disclosure statement must be displayed conspicuously on a charitable solicitation and on a receipt for a charitable contribution:
- A statement that a copy of the current financial statement of the charitable organization is available on request;
- The name of the charitable organization and the address and telephone number where requests for a copy of the financial statement should be directed.
- A statement that, for the cost of copies and postage, documents and information submitted under this title are available from the Secretary of State.
New York Residents
Upon request, a copy of the latest annual report can be obtained from the organization or from the Office of the Attorney General, by writing the Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
- Any solicitation, by any means, including but not limited to oral solicitation, by or on behalf of a registered charitable organization which is required to file financial reports pursuant to this article and has filed all such reports, shall include therein a statement that upon request, a person may obtain from the organization or from the attorney general, a copy of the last financial report filed by the organization with the attorney general. Such statement shall specify the address of the organization and the address of the attorney general, to which such request should be addressed and in the case of a written solicitation, must be placed conspicuously in the material with print no smaller than ten point boldface type or, alternatively, no smaller than the size print used for the most number of words in the statements. Provided, however, such statement need not be made where the space for a printed advertisement or promotional time in any media has been donated or made available to the charitable organization at no cost and such space or time does not reasonably permit inclusion of such statement.
- Any solicitation used by or on behalf of any charitable organization shall provide a clear description of the programs and activities for which it has requested and has expended or will expend contributions or shall include therein a statement that, upon request, a person may obtain from the organization such a description.
Financial statements are available from the State Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
The notice of solicitation required by the State Office of Consumer Affairs is on file with the Washington Secretary of State, and information relating to financial affairs of The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy is available from the Secretary of State, and the toll-free number for Washington residents: 800-332-4483.
If a professional fundraiser or unpaid solicitor solicits a contribution for a charitable organization that is required to be registered, the professional fund-raiser or unpaid solicitor shall, at the time of the solicitation or with a written confirmation of a solicitation, prior to accepting a contribution, make the following disclosures to the person from whom the contribution is solicited:
- The name and location of the charitable organization.
- That a financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to the person upon request.
- A clear description of the primary charitable purpose for which the solicitation is made.