Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP) i s a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, registered with the IRS and is organized under the laws of the District of Columbia. (EIN/Tax ID: 52-1399520) All donations to ITDP are tax deductible to the extent that no goods or services were provided in connection with the donation. We reserve the right to use your donation for our general purposes.
Financial and other information about Institute for Transportation & Development Policy can be obtained by contacting ITDP at 9 E.19 th St., 7th Floor New York, NY 10003 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or for residents of the following state, as stated below.
A charitable solicitation that is a specific written request to the public for money, and any written receipt for a charitable contribution, must contain a disclosure statement with the following information:
- a statement that a copy of the current financial statement of the charitable organization is available on request;
- the name of the charitable organization and the address and telephone number where request s for a copy of the financial statement should be directed; and
- a statement that, for the cost of copies and postage, documents and information submitted under this title are available from the Secretary of State.
The disclosure statement must be displayed conspicuously on a charitable solicitation and on a receipt for a charitable contribution.
New York Residents
Any solicitation, by any means, including oral and written solicitations, by or on behalf of a registered charitable organization, must include:
- A statement that upon request, a person may obtain from the organization or from the attorney general, a copy of the last financial report filed by the organization with the attorney general. Such statement shall specify the address of the organization and the address of the attorney general, to which such request should be addressed and in the case of a written solicitation, must be placed conspicuously in the material with print no smaller than ten point bold face type or, alternatively, no smaller than the size print used for the most number of words in the statements.
- A clear description of the programs and activities for which it has requested contributions or a statement that, upon request, a person may obtain from the organization such a description.
- If any charitable organization makes contributions to another organization which is not its affiliate, the solicitation must include a statement that such contributions have been made and that a list of all organizations which have received contributions during the past twelve months from the soliciting organization may be obtained from that organization provided, however, a united way, federated fund or incorporated community appeal, by or through which a donation is merely transferred to a charity selected by the donor, need not include such donor selected organizations in the list. The term “affiliate” includes any chapter, branch, auxiliary, or other subordinate unit of any registered charitable organization, howsoever designated, whose policies, fund raising activities, and expenditures are supervised or controlled by such
Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271
Every charitable organization, required to be registered, soliciting contributions from prospective contributors, shall disclose to the potential donor contemporaneously at the point of a written request or on a written receipt for donations made in response to an oral request that a financial statement is available from the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
Charities Division, Office of the Secretary of the State, State of Washington, Olympia, WA 98504-0422; 1800-332-4483