Sustainable Transport Award Nomination Form
The Sustainable Transport Award is open to all cities and major jurisdictions. Successful nominees will be distinguished by their impact, innovation, and leadership in the transport sector.
In order to qualify for consideration, the city must have made significant progress in implementing sustainable transport measures during the past year. Preference will be given to candidates who have achieved three or more of the below:
- Improvements to public transportation
- Improvements to non-motorized travel
- Expansion or improvement to public space
- Implementation of travel demand management programs to reduce private car use
- Reduction of urban sprawl by linking transportation to development
- Reduction of transport related air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions
Examples of qualifying projects include, but are not limited to:
- A safer streets program for drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists, resulting in fewer road accidents and injuries.
- A traffic reduction program to improve air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Improving the health of residents by increasing mobility options such as cycling and walking.
- Achieving greater passenger satisfaction on public transportation by offering better alternatives or as illustrated in increased ridership.
- Improving social equity as a direct impact and explicit goal of transportation projects.
To nominate a city, complete the form below and submit online. Nominations for 2014 will be accepted from June 17, 2013 to September 13, 2013. Nominations received after September 13 will not be considered.
Finalists will be contacted by November 1, 2013. The winner will be announced in January 2014. Contact Jemilah Magnusson with questions.